Bill Freeman’s “Approaches to Cutting”
Free to my Inner Circle members!
This is the legendary Bill Freeman’s first cutting video (he made two), and boy, did he ever do a great job. The main focus of this video is how to ride, show and train a competition cutting horse. You’ll see some top horses of the past being worked here, including Peppy Lena San and High Brow Hickory.
Bill Freeman passed away in 2008 at the age of 58. Of this writing, he still holds the record for the most money ever won in the NCHA Open division… Over five million dollars!
Here’s a small sample of what Bill’s video covers…
- Proper training equipment for two year olds as well as finished horses
- How to prepare your horse before you ride in to cut (at a show and at home)
- Starting a green two year old colt on cattle
- The three biggest mistakes people make when riding a cutter
- Training the three year old cutting futurity prospect
- Herd work strategy for making a good, clean cut
- The mental attitude you need to become a winner in the show arena
- Proper body posture for riding a cutting horse
- Tuning the horse for show competition
- How to use your seat, legs and spurs to cue the cutting horse
- Bill’s critique of a non pro cutting run (great advice for every level of rider)
These are just a few of the topics covered in this video. There is actually a whole bunch more. Both of Bill’s videos will help novice cutters as well as professional trainers. These tapes should be in every serious cutting horse rider’s library.
Running time: Approx. 1 hour 30 minutes