The Essence of Horse Training
Major Keys for Horse Training Success
by cutting & reining trainer, Larry Trocha
A pro’s advice for avoiding the pitfalls and getting the best results
Sample audio clips taken from “The Essence of Horse Training” video.
Click on the left button to play the clip.
Introduction, 1 minute and 15 seconds
What motivates a horse to perform well, 4:35
What causes behavior problems, 3:35
If you have qualified to receive a free bonus video, this is the video you should get first.
Why? Because it is probably the most important.
The ideas, concepts and techniques you learn from this video will help you get the absolute most from your horse training efforts. The tape is definitely a “must see”.
I started my own training stable back in 1980. Since that time I’ve helped a lot of people learn to successfully train horses.
My goal in this video is to steer you away from the common pitfalls
most people fall into when learning to train a horse.
I want to focus on the key elements that will get you success right away.
If you’ll pay close attention and put into practice what I share with you in this video, your horse training efforts will be more successful than ever before.
Here are a few of the topics covered in the video:
- Muscle memory. How it can cause you problems you aren’t even aware of and how to fix it.
- Using your hands correctly. You’ll learn how to effectively hold the reins and use your hands, fingers and arms.
- Using your legs and spurs correctly. Much of riding, cueing and training the horse is done with your legs and the proper use of the spurs. This part of the video will show you exactly how.
- Body posture sitting in the saddle. The way a rider sits in the saddle and uses his body has a tremendous influence on how well the horse performs. Minor adjustments here can make a major improvement in how well your horse performs.
- Reading your horse. You’ll never be able to do a good job of training or fixing your horse’s problems if you don’t have a pretty good idea what is causing the problems. I’ll give you some tips that will really help.
- Choosing the right horse for the job. In this part of the video, I give you a plan that will almost guarantee your success in the show arena.
- The horse’s previous training. How it affects his future learning, behavior and performance. Pay attention here. It’s critical info.
- Training the trainer. I’m not going to tell you what this is about. You’ll see when you watch the video. Let me just say that it “screws up” more horses that anything I else I can think of.
- Belief that you can do it. Almost anyone can have a degree of success working with horses. I share with you how to begin and progress.
More key points addressed in this video:
- What motivates a horse to perform well for his rider.
- How to communicate with your horse in a way he can clearly understand.
- What causes behavior problems and what to do about it.
- How to use the horse’s natural instincts to help you get him trained.
- The 5 biggest problems people have when trying to train their horse.
I think you’ll find the information in this video very valuable. Choose it first.
Running time: 1 hour, DVD.