Choosing a Horse Trainer that is Right for You
by Larry Trocha
A pro’s advice that will save you money and get the best results from your trainer
If you are considering using the services of a professional to train and show your horse or give you lessons, this may be the most important video you’ll ever watch.
Why? Because a business relationship with a professional horse trainer can be a highly rewarding experience or a flat-out, horrible nightmare.
This video will show you how to choose a trainer that’s right for you. You’ll get a clear picture of what to realistically expect from the horse trainer and what he expects from you, as his client.
There are different “levels” or “types” of horse trainers. Each “type” fills a particular niche in the customer base. Choose the wrong type of trainer and you could waste your time and money. Not to mention, your horse probably won’t get trained either.
In this tape, I describe the various levels and types of trainers. I point out the strong points and weak points of each type. I also tell you what you can expect from each type and how you can get the most benefit.
I also talk about the different levels and types of shows. You’ll discover what to expect if you want your horse shown at the Futurities and Limited Aged Events. I discuss the Week-End and National Shows too.
Probably most important in this video, I tell you how to find a trainer that will give you the best lessons and training instruction. This is what many people are looking for yet it’s so hard to find.
I’ve listed some of the key segments of the video below:
- Finding a suitable horse trainer. Where to go, who to talk to and what to watch out for.
- Colt Starter. What he expects from you, the colt’s owner and what you should expect from him. What the colt should know after 90 days of training.
- Point Club trainer. This is where a lot of people, who want to show, go to get started. I’ll tell you why.
- Money Show trainer. Want to show for money prizes? This is where you go. I’ll tell you how to get your horse priority treatment in this trainer’s barn.
- Limited Aged Event & National Show trainer. Want to play with the big boys? This is the trainer to go to. However, there is a possibility your horse will never even get ridden. I’ll tell you how to make sure your horse is given a fair chance to show his talent.
- Owner and trainer expectations. There is a lot more to this deal than what you might think. To have the best results, you really need to carefully watch this part of the video.
- Training and showing for the Futurities. What to expect during the 18 months of training leading up to the futurity. The extra charges you’ll need to pay to get the horse ready and more.
- Showing at the Limited Aged Events and National Shows. How to stack the odds for winning in your favor.
- Week-End Shows. There is money to be won here too. I’ll explain what you and your trainer need to talk about.
- Lessons and training instruction. Good instructors are rare. I’ll tell you how to go about finding one. I also explain what you can expect if you take lessons riding a green or un-trained horse.
I think you’ll really like this video. It will help you have a rewarding and profitable experience with your horse trainer.
Phone Orders Call Toll-Free 1-800-811-4883